Whether you are building a new home, renovating, or adding an extension, your choice of windows and doors will have a significant impact on the look of your home. Stegbar’s cedar windows and doors provide you with a timeless design that is functional and attractive.
Whether they are stained to bring out the warm earthy tones, or painted to suit your decor and style, timber windows and doors will match or complement most architectural styles from traditional Federation and Colonial, to modern contemporary designs. Stegbar uses only western red cedar, as not only is it a beautiful timber with a remarkably fine and stable grain structure, it will not warp or twist, ensuring years of reliable operation from your windows and doors.
A window consists of an outer frame that goes in the opening in the wall, and a sash frame that holds the glass. The style of the window refers to how the sash operates or opens within the outer frame. There are four traditional styles of windows – double hung, awning, casement, and sliding.
The one that is most appropriate for you can depend on a number of factors and which are most important to you:
- How you operate the window – manually slide them up or down, or mechanically wind them out
- How much ventilation they allow in
- Can they be opened during inclement weather without bringing it inside
- What room they are being used in
- Which one looks best on the outside when opened
- The amount of wall space available for the windowand its location.